Saturday, July 17, 2010

The First Rant

I just heard the top political figure in the US say "I have my own pollsters and I know that some things "we" are doing don't poll well but it's the right thing to do". When did we as a country elect a "king"??? If the majority doesn't want to do something isn't that a mandate not to do it? Don't they work for us? I am not saying that we should be governed by polling but for god sake to say that the majority of people don’t agree but the hell with that is just a bit too egotistical for my taste I know the majority doesn’t always makes the best decisions but if you don’t like it you get the chance to work hard to bring the minority thinking forward and make it the majority. That’s what a democratic society is all about!!! When I became an adult (some of you may say I still haven't) I stopped having to do things just because someone said it was good for me. God forbid us as a democratic country reward hard work and success or encourage people to stand on their own two feet and make something of/for ourselves.... No, it is better to play like Robin Hood and re-distribute the wealth however, un-like Robin Hood we now want to vilify anyone that has managed to become “to successful” and bring everyone to the center. Healthcare reform, financial reform, stimulus, government ownership of private companies, welfare...??? Well, I am about to undertake my own version of a stimulus package. I am going to go to the store and buy some beer; this will stimulate on many fronts. It will interject some much needed money into the local economy, the store owner will make a small profit and in turn he will order more goods, the company that supplies the goods will then produce more goods ( hopefully beer) thus requiring them to employee people and on and on and on... All this is goodness but not as good as what the beer will do for me, it will allow me to exercise my inalienable right to the pursuit of happiness. The beer will make me feel happy and in the end isn’t that what we all want? I encourage you to peruse happiness. The side benefits will stimulate something or someone; even if it’s just you and that’s OK.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go son! Who says you haven't become an adult? I want names! You need to come home and run for office.

    ReplyDelete